City of Newton’s Donna Pickman Named 2022 CFO Honoree by Wichita Business Journal
Congratulations to City of Newton Finance Director Donna Pickman for being named a 2022 CFO Honoree by the Wichita Business Journal. Donna has been with the City since 2017. In her tenure at the City, she has overseen an updating and reorganization of many of our Finance Department functions, including:
- Streamlining the annual City budget process.
- Evaluating and overseeing software upgrades and replacements for accounting and payroll functions.
- Working with HR staff on a classification/salary study and implementation project to ensure City staff are compensated at a competitive rate for the market.
- Reviewing previous bond issues and facilitating refinancing that has saved the City over $2.6 million in future interest costs.
- Leading the organization through the financial implications of the pandemic, including all the many sources of COVID-relief funds and their various programmatic requirements.
To read the article in the Wichita Business Journal, visit https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/news/2022/01/28/2022-cfo-honoree-donna-pickman-city-of-newton.html.
Are you a Chamber member who would like to feature a story in our website’s Chamber news? Send your story, along with a featured image, to Rachael Gibbons at email@example.com!