The Newton Area Chamber of Commerce exists to lead, support & influence economic vitality in the Newton, KS area.
In the end, succeeding in our mission will allow us to achieve our vision to create a relevant and proactive business community.
How we achieve our mission:
The Newton Area Chamber of Commerce works to achieve our mission in several ways:
- Advocating for Our Members: Our Chamber provides a number of services to both advocate for and give our members recognition.
- Connecting Businesses to Businesses: Our Chamber is a strong network of businesses who support one another, refer one another, and advocate for one another.
- Connecting Businesses to Consumers: Whether through referrals right here in our office, our business directory, social media, sponsorships, events, or advertising opportunities, Chamber staff constantly work to connect our members with consumers in our community.
- Devoting Efforts to Meaningful Programs: The Chamber supports a number of different programs that directly give back to the community by building up future leaders and providing them with opportunities to make a difference. These programs include Leadership Newton, NetWork Kansas, Downtown Promotions, and Emerge: Harvey County. To learn more about these programs, refer to the “Programs” tab in the menu above.
- Providing Educational Opportunities: Our Chamber works to identify needs of our membership and offer educational opportunities to connect business owners with solutions to their needs. These include workshops and seminars, webinars, and more.
- Sharing Important Information: The Chamber receives very important information from state and local entities that we share with our membership and community. We believe this helps us keep our community informed and allows businesses to seek out the resources and help that they need.
At the heart of everything we do, we exist to serve our members and our community.
Chamber Board of Directors
The Newton Area Chamber of Commerce could not achieve the things that we do without the great help from our Board of Directors. The Chamber Board of Directors is a group of community leaders and volunteers who come together to cast vision for the direction of our organization, and oversee that we are accomplishing our mission.
Peoples Bank & Trust
Krueger Insurance Management, Inc.
Carriage Factory Art Gallery
Fred Van Ranken
Emerge: Harvey County (Formerly Newton Young Professionals) Vice President
Adrian & Pankratz
The Chamber Board of Directors meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 am. Board Terms are anywhere from a 1 year to 3 year contract, with each year starting on September 1st and ending August 31st.
Small but mighty, the Chamber’s Staff is comprised of 4 individuals who work in-office from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm on weekdays. Our devoted team works hard to carry out the day-to-day operations of the Chamber, including overseeing programs, marketing & communications, event planning, member relations, advocacy, and much more. Chamber staff focuses on bringing value to our members and community through the services we provide.